KC Pain Centers, a division of Anesthesia Associates of Kansas City (AAKC), is looking for a full-time (M-F 7:30-4:30) Medical Assistant to work in our Overland Park office. Position involves both medical assistant duties as well as phone triage.
- Greeting and escorting patients to rooms.
- Monitoring vital signs.
- Preparing rooms for patients.
- Stocking rooms and supplies.
- Answering triage questions and returning clinical calls by phone.
- Medical Assistant certification, preferred but not required.
- 1+ years of direct patient care experience.
- Desire to provide compassionate care to patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Project a positive, helpful phone presence.
- Stand, walk, bend, stoop and stretch for prolonged periods of time.
- Push/pull patients in wheelchairs (up to approximately 200 pounds).
- Assist patients on and off the procedure table.
- Ability to problem solve and prioritize responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
KC Pain Centers focuses on diagnosing and managing pain, studying what causes it, how the body reacts to it, how different treatments reduce or eliminate the pain, and how others can be used to relieve many painful conditions.
AAKC offers a friendly work environment with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, and vision available upon date of employment and a generous retirement and profit-sharing plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer