Anesthesia Associates of Kansas City (AAKC) seeks a full-time Patient Customer Service Representative to join our team.
- Routinely responds to patient inquiries by phone, email, mail, etc.;
- Resolves patient issues, e.g. billing questions/complaints/problems;
- Ensures current and accurate patient records;
- Works with patients to establish payment arrangements and schedules;
- Monitors payment activity and uses collection techniques to keep accounts current;
- Adheres to patient confidentiality;
- Collaborates with other departments.
- Two to three years medical billing experience, including setting up payment arrangements and schedules, preferred.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Ability to handle a high-volume of phone calls in a healthcare setting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to convey understanding and empathy, remain calm, demonstrate willingness to resolve issues, yet effectively persuade commitment on payment arrangements.
- Knowledge of medical billing, collection practices, medical insurance procedures and terminology, preferred.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be technologically savvy and comfortable working with and navigating 3-5 different practice management systems.
- Flexibility is key and learning and adapting to new processes essential.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage a variety of tasks, patient inquiries, and interruptions simultaneously, while accurately completing assignments.
Work schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm, M-F; Hybrid in-office/remote work arrangement available.
Located in Overland Park, KS, AAKC offers a friendly work environment with excellent benefits, including medical, dental, and vision available upon date of employment and a generous retirement and profit-sharing plan.
Become a part of our tradition of excellence and apply today!
Interested candidates should apply here:
AAKC is an Equal Opportunity Employer