Pain Management Associates (Kansas City, MO) is recruiting a full-time Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant –Certified to join our practice. The provider will deliver outpatient care to patients with acute/chronic pain in our clinics. The successful candidate will perform the following duties:
- Obtain complete medical history and physical data on patients;
- Perform complete physical exams and record findings;
- Order appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures;
- Maintain and review patient records, charts, and other pertinent information.
- Post tests and examination results;
- Monitor patient outcomes and initiate/participate in quality improvement activities;
- Instruct patients and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provide patient education;
- Interpret and integrate data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures as needed;
- Collaborate with physicians in managing acute and long-term medical needs for patients;
- Work in conjunction with the providers to provide an advanced level of care to patients undergoing pain management therapy;
- Attend required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
Qualified candidates will have:
- RN license and license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in Missouri and Kansas; or Physician Assistant Certification (PA-C)
- Previous experience in pain management or internal medicine setting;
- Computer skills and experience working with Electronic Medical Records system;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
This position requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires standing and walking for prolonged periods of time. Occasionally lifts and carries items weighing up to 100 pounds. Requires normal visual acuity and hearing. Requires expose to communicable diseases and bodily fluids. Requires working under stress and emergency situations.
Pain Management Associates focuses on diagnosing and managing pain, studying what causes it, how the body reacts to it, how different treatments reduce or eliminate the pain, and how others can be used to relieve many painful conditions. Pain Management Associates offers the collective expertise of eleven anesthesiologists all of whom are certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology; and have additional sub-specialty certification in pain management and/or fellowship training in pain medicine. PMA currently has offices throughout the city; this position will work primarily out of the Lee’s Summit and Independence offices.
We offer a competitive compensation package with outstanding benefits. Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com for consideration.
Pain Management Associates, a subsidiary of Anesthesia Associates of Kansas City (AAKC) is an equal opportunity employer.